There has never been a more exciting time to join our progressive, dynamic organisation. Our region is expanding at an extraordinary rate and the Horowhenua District Council is driving more growth. As we take our region from Good to Great, we need more Great people to join our team…
The Water and Waste Services Manager will provide strong leadership to the team with a strong emphasis on:
· Overseeing/monitoring the delivery of efficient, quality, and cost-effective services of the three waters and the solid waste functions to ensure operational outcomes are in accordance with relevant legislation, local community requirements and public health standards
· Overseeing all operations and programs delivered by service providers to ensure service agreements meet all relevant requirements to deliver on agreed services, business and project plans as per set budgets.
· Managing financial aspects of the three waters services and solid waste activities to ensure daily operation is within set budgets to achieve financial affordability for the Horowhenua District community.
· Building effective working relationships with stakeholders to ensure high quality water and waste management services add sustainable value to the community and overall district.
· Managing capital works programs to ensure that we offer valuable and sustainable water and solid waste management services to the local community.
To be successful in this role you will be passionate about the water, wastewater and solid waste activities, be actively seeking continuous improvement, be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and be an inspirational leader. You will also have:
· BE (Civil) / Environmental, MIPENZ or NZCE/REA or equivalent.
· Demonstrate strong financial management skills
· At least fifteen years previous experience in engineering design, construction, operation, maintenance and network asset management.
· At least five years’ experience in contract management and project management.
· The ability to apply knowledge of engineering standards, especially in the wastewater and stormwater services environment.
· Current drivers licence
· Willingness to provide consent for pre-employment checks such as psychometric assessments, Ministry of Justice checks, and drug and alcohol screening tests.
· Sound Technical knowledge related to Solid Waste Activity
The Benefits of Working at Council
· A fun, social, team environment
· Work with team members that are proud of what they do
· The opportunity to be involved in challenging infrastructure issues and problem solving
· It is a role with a high energy collaborative environment that has excellent opportunities to grow and develop your professional skills
· Modern and forward thinking local government environment
· The Horowhenua District has the best rural lifestyle in NZ – with easy access to the Tararua Ranges, plenty of beaches, affordable housing and has easy access to Palmerston North and Wellington.
We are looking for an experienced motivated person to join our team.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, we invite you to call Kevin Peel on 06 366 0999.
Closing date: Friday 13th December 2019 at 5pm