Environmental Infrastructure Planner
There has never been a more exciting time to join our progressive, dynamic organisation. Our region is expanding at an extraordinary rate and the Horowhenua District Council is driving more growth. As we take our region from Good to Great, we need more Great people to join our team…
The Environmental Infrastructure Planner will be responsible and accountable for managing Councils Environmental Resource Consents as granted by the regional council to ensure it is meeting its statutory requirements including:
· Requirements as set by approved consents are being adhered to and that all consents are current and valid to ensure that all Activities meet specified legislative requirements.
· Keep up-to-date with changes in regulatory legislation, guidelines etc.
· Ensure that current environmental issues are dealt with appropriately on project sites.
· Ensure that all resource consents for relevant projects and programs are in place and those conditions for the operation of the landfills, plants, and networks are met.
· Infringement notices are managed, monthly reporting and liaison with other sections
To be successful in this role you will be passionate about Environmental Infrastructure, be actively seeking continuous improvement and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment. You will also have:
· Experience with consent monitoring and consent application processes
· Knowledge of Resource Management Act (RMA) processes
· Experience and competence in providing compliance advice
· A high level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft packages (Excel, Word and Outlook)
· Workload management skills
· Degree in planning, science or engineering
· Experience and competence in databases for technical data
· Proven competence in public liaison
· Experience in developing and reviewing bylaws and policy
· Knowledge of New Zealand local government legislation, practices and standards
The Benefits of Working at Council
· A fun, social, team environment
· Work with team members that are proud of what they do
· The opportunity to be involved in challenging infrastructure issues and problem solving
· It is a role with a high energy collaborative environment that has excellent opportunities to grow and develop your professional skills
· Modern and forward thinking local government environment
· The Horowhenua District has the best rural lifestyle in NZ – with easy access to the Tararua Ranges, plenty of beaches, affordable housing and has easy access to Palmerston North and Wellington.
We are looking for an experienced motivated person to join our team.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, we invite you to call Kevin Peel on 06 366 0999.
Closing date: 13th December 2019 at 5pm