We are seeking applications for a suitably qualified person to join our team at Bidfood Invercargill in the position of Nightshift Supervisor. This is a Sunday to Thursday role. The hours of work vary but 7pm start is the norm.
The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee the smooth running of the nightshift pick-pack-load operations with specific focus in the following areas:
* Timely and accurate picking of customer orders
* Efficient and safe loading of our delivery vehicles
* On time despatch of delivery vehicles
* Preparation of documentation for all runs
* Be a champion for Health & Safety
* Ongoing improvements of the nightshift operations
* Develop synergies and working relationships between nightshift and other departments and foster a working environment that specifically promotes teamwork on shift and between departments
* Manage and motivate our nightshift operations team
We are looking for someone who doesn't get bogged down with reasons why “it” can't be done, but rather focusses on how to make it happen. Previous experience in a high pressure, time critical warehouse environment is essential as this is a key role within our organisation and, whilst we can offer training in our systems and products, our expectation is that the successful applicant can hit the ground running in terms of the demands of the role.
This position requires individuals to be physically fit as there is frequent heavy lifting of up to 25kg.
We are looking for a team player who is committed to developing their career in the warehousing/logistics industry. Opportunities for future growth and development exist for the right person.
Bidfood as an employer
Bidfood is at the forefront of the foodservice market in New Zealand, offering an exceptional customer experience driven by passion, commitment, innovation and expertise. Bidfood recognises those who thrive on using their initiative and delivering a high quality service. We believe these people are the absolute key to the success of Bidfood.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a stable, constantly growing, highly respected company within the hospitality industry. We offer a competitive remuneration package and staff benefits.
Applicants must be able to provide references, agree to a security check and will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. You must be a NZ or Australian resident or citizen to apply for this role.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.