Hohepa is a therapeutic community based on the work of Dr Rudolf Steiner. We are currently seeking people with patience, maturity and integrity for Wake Over Support Worker roles at Hohepa Hawke's Bay’s Clive site. No experience required – full training is provided.
We have casual vacancies available, working alongside people with intellectual disabilities with the belief that they can do anything and can learn to be able and independent. You will be working overnight shifts, from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
Some of the people we support can be very active and strong, and we require applicants with a mature approach, who can cope with the mental and physical demands of this role. This can be a challenging role, but also highly rewarding as you journey alongside people to support their development.
To be successful in this role you will:
· Have the abilities to both display empathy and respect and enable people to achieve their goals and plans
· Have good communication skills, be able to communicate clearly and appropriately with a range of people, and be able to maintain accurate records and progress notes.
· Be trustworthy and have high ethical standards, and be able to respect confidentiality and privacy.
· Have a mature attitude and good interpersonal skills; this includes being practical and 'down to earth' about the nature of the role, and being able to work with people who may have high support needs and challenging behaviour without becoming flustered.
· Be fit for the physical and emotional aspects of the role.
· Be able to work with a wide variety of people, including those with high needs.
Previous experience or training would be great, but your attitude and approach is far more important to us.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity – apply now!