We are looking for a passionate person to join our team, to support people in reaching their goals and getting involved in their community. We are a creative bunch who look at ways of tearing down barriers and creating a space where everyone feels part of a community. We strive to set lofty aspirations and work in partnership to achieve these goals. We make friendships and get involved in the wider community.
If this sounds like something, you want to be a part of then this is the job for you!
The days of work are Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm however there will be some work outside of these hours and on weekends as required from time to time. Your role will include planning and supporting people to participate in a meaningful way in the community by assisting in gaining and maintaining social, health, education, whanau and cultural connection. Previous professional experience in the intellectual disability field and knowledge of Enabling Good Live's Values is an advantage but not essential.
What we can offer you:
· A minimum starting rate of $22.49 per hour.
. Working Monday to Friday
· An excellent working environment
· Ongoing training and development within your role
· Study Leave Days and MASH Days
You will need to have:
· Experience engaging with or working with people with an intellectual disability or complex needs preferable
· A relevant qualification or the willingness to work towards one
· A current full NZ driver’s licence and be able to drive both automatic and manual cars and vans
· A passion for developing and expanding opportunities for service users
· The ability to work in a team across a range of activity areas including assisting with personal cares
· Good documentation skills and familiarity with a computer
This role may close earlier if the right candidate is found.