The Horizons region extends over 22,200km2 – from Ruapehu in the north and Horowhenua in the south, to Whanganui in the west and Tararua in the east. It’s a landscape as vast and varied as the over 240,000 people who call it home. At Horizons Regional Council we work to make our region a great place to live, work and play.
Horizons is seeking a customer focused, motivated and innovative Transport Systems Advisor. This is a permanent full time role based in our Palmerston North Office.
It is an incredibly exciting time for transport in our region as we are currently reviewing key services, implementing a new Integrated Electronic Ticketing System for buses, and improving the way we plan and for and deliver our public transport infrastructure. Data collection and technology are vital to a safe, easy and quality transport system and we are looking for the right person to help us delivery in these areas.
This role will specifically co-ordinate and implement the collection and analysis of service data; and programme and implement the provision of public transport infrastructure. It will also look after current and emerging technology that will assist with the delivery of the Regional Council’s responsibilities set out in the Regional Public Transport Plan. This is a significant role in delivering key priority improvements and maintaining the transport system within our region.
· You will be a keen critical thinker, with proven interpersonal skills including negotiation and influence to ensure a commitment to continuous improvement
· You will have evidence of, and experience in good project management skills.
· Significant knowledge or experience in a data collection and analysis related role.
· Your engaging nature will be evident in the strong relationships that you have built with clients and stakeholders in your previous roles.
Why should you apply?
When you join us, you can look forward to a rewarding career full of opportunities to develop, along with a positive and supportive work environment. We do this through:
· Strong focus on employee health, wellness and wellbeing
· Flexible family friendly work environment
· Assistance with tertiary education
· Positive health and safety culture
· Capability development programmes that enable advancement into leadership roles, along with skill development across different functional jobs; and
· A supportive and social work environment where enduring friendships and collegiality develop.
Horizons are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring we have a diverse and inclusive workplace so our people reflect the diversity of our region.
Applications close Thursday 21 November 2019.