Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in - keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Cable Jointer in Dunedin for someone interested in pursuing a career within the Electrical Distribution industry. If you have a great attitude, a love of the outdoors (and heights), and are keen to learn the skills required to construct and maintain our energy network, then our Trainee Line Mechanic role is for you.
As a Cable Jointer Apprentice you will embark on a career path in an industry that provides certainty and security. You will be provided with the opportunity for personal and professional growth in an organization that recognizes and rewards individuals with the talent to become more.
Trainees will undertake a training programme that involves a mixture of on-the-job training and theoretical ‘block’ courses for approximately 3 years in duration. You will work your way to becoming registered with the EWRB. Your role will involve installing, repairing and maintaining underground power lines, essentially keeping the power on for our community.
The selection process will be thorough as Delta needs enthusiastic trainees who want to develop their skills and are prepared to learn. lf you place teamwork, safety and providing a service at the top of your list of values then joining Delta as an apprentice is the right choice.
· You will enjoy working in the outdoors and be physically fit;
· You will have a sound academic record with good achievement in NCEA Level 2/ equivalent
· You’re highly motivated and keen to learn, with the ability to set and achieve goals;
· You have excellent communication skills;
· You have great attention to detail and problem solving skills;
· You hold a current and clean class 1 Driver’s Licence;
· If you’ve completed a pre-trade course or have relevant experience it may be an advantage
What’s on offer:
· The opportunity to contribute to a variety of interesting projects
· A role where you can be challenged
· Joining a progressive and reputable South Island organization
· Training and development opportunities
· A competitive remuneration package with all gear and equipment provided
· A fun and supportive work environment
This is an excellent opportunity to give your career a solid foundation. lf you believe you are a good match to the above criteria we welcome your application; apply now!
Applications close: 29 August, 2020
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz. Check out our employees at work in the World’s Best Office at http://www.theworldsbestoffice.com/.