Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga (TToH) has a service providing safe, stable temporary residential care for tamariki and rangatahi in a welcoming home environment.
TToH is a Ngāti Kahungunu mandated, kaupapa Māori values-based health and social services organisation providing services to our community along the East Coast of the North Island, from Mahia to Rimutaka. Our health, social, education and community development teams have been working successfully with whanau for over 38 years.
Operating now for over 3 years, our special Tamariki Residential Care Service is a unique kaupapa Māori values-based home that provides tamariki and Rangatahi who are in Oranga Tamariki care with a home environment with aroha, stability, structure, social and cultural wellbeing to those entrusted to our home.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, you are responsible for the operational management of the home and to support the team of House Parents (Whare Matua) and a Counsellor (part-time). You will also have regular contact with our partner Oranga Tamariki and their team of Social Workers.
Cultural support for you and your team is provided from our Pou Tikanga and you will work alongside other Team Managers in the Portfolio and across other TToH services. You will also be supported by as our professional corporate teams of HR, IT, Finance, Marketing, Quality and Risk, Health and Safety and Support Services
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic leader keen to take up a key role in a unique service within our large and successful kaupapa Māori health and social organisation which is acknowledged nationally and internationally as a model of success.
The key responsibilities include:
· Lead, support, engage and grow team members to deliver results
· Build a highly effective team who work collaboratively and in an integrated way
· Accountable for the service delivery of the contract/s
· Develop annual service plans and report monthly against these plans
Suitable candidates will:
· Ideally you be a Social Worker with experience working with whānau and tamariki
· Preferably have at least 3 – 5 years experience managing a successful team/teams
· Have knowledge and experience working within the Social Services sector
· Knowledge of Te Reo Māori me ona Tikanga Māori
· Have experience tracking contract performance and writing monthly reports
· Full Drivers license
· Be vaccinated against COVID-19
What we offer:
· A competitive salary
· 5 weeks annual leave
· Annual salary review
· Southern Cross Wellness One Health Insurance
· Life insurance
· Professional development and career opportunities
· Birthday leave
· Wellness activities and incentives and loads of other benefits working for a positive, friendly, values-based organisation that cares about its staff.
Check out our website or Facebook for videos of the innovative, fun workplace that is Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga!
If you want to work with a progressive and professional kaupapa Māori organisation - please apply TODAY.
Please include a:
Up to date CV
Fully completed TTOH Application form
Evidence of your qualifications and applicable registration
Your My Vaccination record (Covid)
Applications close: Monday 11th December 2023
Applications will be reviewed as they come in, so don't delay