Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Location: SPCA Greymouth
The SPCA Greymouth Centre is looking for an energetic Team Leader and Volunteer & Foster Coordinator who enjoys working with a wide variety of people to provide excellent customer service and positive animal welfare outcomes.
This is a newly created role and provides a unique opportunity for you to make your own mark on the relatively new volunteer and foster programmes for Greymouth and the West Coast. Volunteering and fostering are crucial services that provide positive welfare outcomes for the animals within our care. In addition to looking after the Volunteering and Foster programmes you will support the Manager of the West Coast and provide leadership, guidance and support in their absence.
As this is a busy role, where no two days will be the same, the successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, technologically savvy, energetic, passionate about providing positive welfare outcomes for animals and show a high level of initiative. Because of the new nature of this role, full support and guidance will be given.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Leadership and Customer Service experience
• Experience in volunteer management/supervision
• High level of verbal and written communication including comfort in presenting to groups
• Be technologically savvy – have sound computer skills including the use of e-mail, internet and Microsoft Office applications
• Effective time management skills, organisation and planning abilities
• Be supportive, empathetic and resilient.
• Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
• Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
• Experience and or a passion to learn about animal care, handling, behaviour, enrichment and welfare.
• Good interpersonal skills – ability to build rapport with employees, volunteers, other stakeholders and suppliers.
• Professional in approach, open and engaging in manner
• Ability to work effectively without supervision
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on 20th July 2020.