Baker Tilly Staples Rodway is one of New Zealand’s largest independent business advisory firms, specialising in Accounting, Business Advisory Services, Audit and Taxation. The success of our business is based on innovative thinking, the opportunity for professional growth, high-calibre people and access to worldwide resources through the Baker Tilly International Group.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Manager to join our Auckland Tax team.
You will get the opportunity to:
- Work with top tier clients across for-profit and not-for-profit entities
- Enjoy more flexibility working in a smaller team, including flexible working hours and casual dress
- Work in an environment where bureaucracy is kept to a minimum
- Get to network internationally as part of the Baker Tilly network
- Work with proven experts and apply your broad tax knowledge
- Be promoted to the next level if you can prove yourself
- Work in a team with a proven reputation for excellence (we have been around for 70 years)
If this is what you are interested in, working in the Baker Tilly Staples Rodway Tax team could be the right move for you. We need an energetic Senior Manager who is committed to providing clients the best in tax advice while understanding how that fits into their overall business.
The work will involve:
- A broad range of tax work covering all aspects of tax with specialist support when you need it
- Inbound multi nationals, innovative exporters and leading household name businesses in New Zealand
- Existing, well established clients that will be your clients to service and develop from day one
- Autonomy and the chance to establish excellent working relationships across the firm
To be successful, you will require:
- Degree in an Accounting or related discipline coupled with Chartered Accountant or CPA qualification
- At least 6 years’ tax experience in a reputable New Zealand firm
- An understanding of New Zealand tax legislation as well as “debits and credits”
- Strong client service focus
- Ability to drive, inspire and motivate high performing teams
- Commercial acumen and strategic mindset for influencing and advising clients
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, flexible and innovative approach to complex problem solving
- Demonstrated ability in business development including being able to market self and attract new clients to the firm
If this role sounds like you and you have experience in these areas, we would love to hear from you.