Waikato Milking Systems is a leading designer and manufacturer of ‘on farm’ dairy systems and technologies; with product offerings including milking parlours, automation, milk cooling and effluent and environmental solutions.
A New Zealand success story and now a world class business with a focus on innovation, performance and durability, whose milking systems, technology, products and expert dealership extends from New Zealand, internationally throughout the UK, Europe, South Africa, South America, Latin America, Australia, the US and China. Our products are sought for reliability and durability.
We have a full-time position available for a self-motivated individual to join our close-knit team as a Stainless-Steel Grinder/Polisher with our Manufacturing division, based at our Horotiu site.
Full training will be provided to up skill you in stainless steel grinding, polishing, finishing and electropolishing of stainless-steel components to an exceptional standard. You will undertake quality checks pre-delivery, have strong attention to detail and pride in your work. A sound understanding of health and safety and enjoyment of the engineering workshop environment will be key. There will also be opportunities to undertake general workshop duties as part of this role to develop and grow.
To be effective in this role you will:
· Enjoy being part of a workshop environment and not be afraid to get your hands dirty!
· Have a great attitude and be open to being trained
· Want to be part of our passionate team
· Be a practical person who likes to get ‘hands on’
· Have a ‘keen eye for detail’ and take pride in your work
· Physically fit and able to lift 25 kgs
· Understand what it means to be customer focused
· Be comfortable with using hand tools and handling metals
· Have a commitment to quality and continuous improvement
· Enjoy great comradery and teamwork
· Some knowledge of sheet metal finishing would be highly valued but not essential
If you are friendly, have a ‘can do attitude’, a meticulous nature and would enjoy ensuring the final product that leaves our premises is at its absolute best before it leaves for its new home, then we are looking for you!
We are seeking someone with personal values that match ours.
People first, Curious & Courageous, Pride, Agile, we find a way!
In return we offer full training on the job to further develop your skills in a family and team-oriented environment. Come join us!
External applicants should note: Our recruitment process includes a Ministry of Justice Check.