About the role
The Wanaka Recreation Centre has casual positions available in the role of Customer Service Advisor.
The Customer Services Advisor will ensure exceptional customer service is delivered to all Queenstown Lakes District Council leisure and recreation clients at the Wanaka Recreation Centre.
The Customer Service Advisor will handle sales, facility set ups and customer queries in a friendly and efficient manner.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Delivery of an exceptional level of customer service
- Implement and maintain reception area systems
- Receive and process customer enquiries, membership sales, activity registrations, and event ticketing – in person across the counter, by telephone, internet, and mail
- Carry out court or room set ups within the Centre when required
- Assist with any casual bookings at the centre when required
- Accurately enter and record details of members and prospective members in the LINKS system
- Process daily cash sales, EFTPOS transactions, invoice payments and end of day reconciliations
The successful candidate will hold:
- NCEA Level 2 qualification
- Current First Aid certificate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in delivering a high level of customer service
- Experience in the recreation and leisure industry would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to positively communicate with, and relate well to, a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and ages
- Shows ability to effectively supervise, direct and liaise with the public. Demonstrated ability to positively resolve any customer issues in a sensitive and empathetic manner
- Demonstrated skills in front of house administration systems with proven attention to detail
Due to this facility requiring a My Vaccine Pass, this role requires the successful applicant to be fully vaccinated.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Free access to our great health and fitness facilities
- Company social club
Employing over 500 staff in one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
How to apply
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit the QLDC careers page at: https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/.
Please direct any questions to Georgia Murty, Customer Service Supervisor via email at Georgia.Murty@qldc.govt.nz to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close: Thursday 3rd February 2022.