Hōhepa Hawke’s Bay is part of Hohepa Services Limited, delivering intellectual disability services based on the work of Rudolf Steiner (Anthroposophical Curative Education and Social Therapy).
We are currently seeking a capable and experienced Speech Language Therapist to join the team.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Screening and following up the development of the children and adolescents especially with respect to their communicative abilities.
- Providing individual speech therapy to the children and young adults aiming to enhance and support their communicative abilities.
- Providing individual curative speech therapy to the children and adolescents aiming at other things, improving their posture, breathing, strength, self-awareness, self-esteem, social and emotional coping skills.
- Setting up systems of supported communication, depending on the individual needs of the child or adolescent.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a high level of communication skills, be an excellent listener
- Be able to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of professional colleagues
- Observe and diagnose communicative, social and emotional development of children and young people with intellectual disability;
- Take part in a team of therapists, teachers and residential co-workers;
- Contribute to the IEP’s of the children and adolescents;
- Coach and support co-workers around communication and behaviour problems of the children or adolescents.
- Have relevant background, experience or qualifications
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated in seeking out learning opportunities to increase understanding and skills relevant to the role.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity; apply now!