Contract: Permanent Full time
Location: Auckland based, though may be flexible for the right candidate
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
SPCA Certified is our independently audited programme (formerly known as SPCA Blue Tick) which aims to improve the welfare of farmed animals and helps consumers who eat animal products make more informed choices.
We are currently seeking an SPCA Certified - Business Partnerships Manager who will be responsible for growing the SPCA Certified scheme through identifying and negotiating contracts with SPCA Certified members and overseeing the promotion of the certification scheme to New Zealand consumers.
This role will have shared responsibility for programme management for SPCA Certified, alongside the SPCA Certified - Animal Welfare Partnerships Manager who will lead on welfare standards, audits and farm relationships.
The primary focus for the SPCA Certified – Business Partnerships Manager will be to drive business development for SPCA Certified, growing the number of license-holders and ultimately resulting in better animal welfare outcomes for more farmed animals in New Zealand. This role will also be responsible for building relationships with the food service industry, generating leads and networking, to acquire and retain SPCA Certified members.
This is a key role within the business, so team fit is important. Our ideal candidate will be comfortable building relationships and communicating with senior executives in the grocery and food service industry.
Day to day responsibilities include:
· Responsibility for overall business development, including developing and onboarding a pipeline of new scheme participants within the grocery and food service industry.
· Managing existing grocery and food service relationships.
· Providing a consultative selling approach tailored to industry/field.
· Business planning, forecasting and reporting.
· Financial performance, cost recovery.
· Legal and financial relationships.
· Working with the SPCA Certified Animal Welfare Partnerships Manager to develop plans for extension of supply chain certification.
· Membership process, procedures, policies and communications for licensees.
· Working with the SPCA Certified - Animal Welfare Partnerships Manager to build stakeholder engagement plan, including relationships with international schemes in order to build knowledge and resources.
· Overseeing programme marketing and logo approvals.
· Some travel will be required.
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Have 5+ years of proven experience in a business development/sales role with a preference for that being in the food services/grocery industry.
· Have a high level of business acumen with demonstrated business planning skills.
· Be knowledgeable and experienced in using a CRM system.
· Have experience in the creation and management of a transparent pipeline system.
· Have contract management and negotiation skills.
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking.
· Have excellent computer skills.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.