The Company - Impact Roofing and Plumbing
Established in 1992 we have a wealth of experience in the industry with recognised accreditations in both the plumbing and roofing commercial sectors. Operating throughout Dunedin and Otago we have established great relationships and are an approved provider with major leading suppliers in the industry. This enables us to offer unique quality products, installed and maintained by our dedicated team.
There is not much we cannot do, we offer a full service to our customers and will happily organise any other tradespeople required to complete projects. Working with well-known Otago businesses like Fonterra, Speights, Otago University and Dunedin Hospital.
We’re on the hunt for a Roofing Operations Manager. This newly created role is exciting for the business and truly demonstrates the period of economic and team growth we’ve seen despite the current economic environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity to advance in a thriving and successful business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Roofing Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall leadership, day to day operations, and planning of our roofing operations. The role will also support the managing our plumbing operations when required.
An opportunity to buy into the company within 5 years may be available to the right candidate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Visiting customers to measure for material orders and consumables whilst adhering to site Health and Safety requirements.
- Providing quotes for all roofing jobs, ensuring customer expectations are exceeded.
- The operational management of roofing staff to ensure the team remain focused and motivated.
- Providing leadership to roofing staff including technical support, toolbox meetings and project advise.
- Maintaining and enhancing key customer relationships to ensure continued work and solid customer experience.
- Monitoring and regularly reporting on the financial performance of the organisation.
- Ensuring the business is compliant with all statutory obligations.
- Maintaining and management the Health & Safety of the team and the jobs.
- Working on Commercial, Industrial and Domestic roofing and wall cladding projects
- Installing roof sheeting and wall cladding on new builds and repair work
The right person will:
- Demonstrate good leadership skills and be passionate about providing quality service to our customers.
- Have a willingness to learn, be punctual, reliable and ready to forge a career as a Roofing Manager.
- Have over 8 years of qualified experience in the building industry, preferable in roofing, other trades will be considered.
- Have previous roofing experience is essential, plumbing and/or quantity surveying experience would be advantageous.
- Be able to confidently and accurately measure, quote and order.
- Hold a good understanding of the NZ Health & Safety legislation and its application in the roofing trade.
- Have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Hold a current Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrate proficiency in roof sheeting/cladding.
- Be physically fit & healthy.
- Have the ability to pass a drug & alcohol screen.
If this sounds like you, Zachary Pentecost at Findex Human Resources Consulting is waiting to hear from you! Phone 0800 020 002 for a confidential discussion.