Our district is experiencing extraordinary growth, and we need a Roading Projects Engineer to join our team of technical professionals as we shape the future of Horowhenua.
In this role, you’ll be involved throughout the entire process of a broad range of transport projects. This will involve:
· Identifying opportunities for improvements to our roading network.
· Investigating causes and recommending solutions to roading network issues, such as safety improvements for crash black spots, rehabilitations for pavement failures and improvements to cater for future growth and road use.
· Procuring, project management and monitoring the construction of projects, right through to completion.
· Designing and drafting projects, from early concepts through to detailed construction drawings is desirable, but not essential.
· Assisting and providing advice to other members of the Roading Team and to the wider Council
As a Roading Projects Engineer, you will:
· Hold a tertiary qualification in Engineering or have equivalent industry experience
· Be familiar with NZTA and Austroads standards and guidelines
· Technical proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D software is desirable, but not essential
We’re on a journey to take our district from good to great and have a lot of fun along the way. This is Council, but not as you know it – we’re shaking things up, in the midst of a transformation journey driven by passion, pride and genuine aroha for our community.
Our Council is based in Levin, in the heart of the rich and diverse Horowhenua District. Stretching from the Tararua Ranges to the Tasman Sea, we have mountains, rivers, lakes, and beaches on our doorstep.
With flexibility, professional and personal development, and the importance of prioritising your wellbeing (a.k.a. work life balance). We are open to creative and out of the box ideas that help us on our journey of taking our district from good to great.
There is an excellent opportunity for career satisfaction in this role as HDC has a culture of upskilling and being on top of the current trends within the field. If you have ever noticed a problem with a piece of public infrastructure and wanted to fix it, this is the perfect opportunity to make the improvements that you would like to see happen! This is a very real opportunity to make a difference in the community.
Due to the fast-paced nature of recruitment at Horowhenua District Council the closing date may be subject to change at short notice, so please ensure you apply as soon as possible.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, we invite you to call Carolyn Copeland on 06) 366 0999
Applications close the 5th of October 2021 at 5pm.