Together we stand with those in desperate need.
We provide immediate relief and pathways to enable long term wellbeing.
About the role
Our retail stores offer a range of preloved goods and clothing, our stores are located in Grafton, Glen Innes, K-Rd and Takapuna and provide much needed supplementary income for Mission Services.
We are looking for 3 retail super stars to join our team on a part time basis. If you have a knack for great costumer service and enhancing the customer experience whilst in store, possess a bright and vibrant personality with a can do attitude then we would love to here from you!
Your key responsibilities are:
· Provide excellent customer service
· Building and maintaining relationships with customers, volunteers and donors
· Receiving and sorting donated goods
· Assisting with in-store merchandising
· Maintaining a clean, tidy and inviting retail space
· Assisting with stock management
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Has retail experience, op shop experience a bonus!
· Amazing customer service skills
· Has resilience under pressure in a busy environment
· Must be reliable, able to work independently and prepared to work as part of a dedicated team
· Well organised and efficient
· Flair for merchandising and attention to detail
· Must be physically fit and able
Why work for us:
· Living wage employer
· Supportive team environment and ongoing training
· Contribute to changing lives in our community
· Culturally diverse and inclusive workplace
Hours: Various permanent shifts available, Monday - Saturdays, ranging from 4-8hour shifts depending.
MANAAKITANGA Manaakitanga is behaviour that acknowledges the mana of others as having equal or greater importance than one's own, through the expression of aroha, hospitality, generosity, and mutual respect.
JUSTICE (MANATIKA) Committed to equity, and seeking dignity for all we will fearlessly advocate with and for those who are going without.
PARTNERSHIP (RANGAPU) Firstly, the Auckland City Mission recognises the principle of partnership within Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
Secondly, our commitment to partnership stems from a belief that manaakitanga, equity and social justice need to be pursued both within partnerships and through them.
For us, a partnership is characterised by mutual trust, integrity, respect, transparency, and commitment.