Do you want to make a difference? We have vacancies for Residential Support Workers, who will enable the children/tamariki and young people/rangatahi we support to live a full life.
These young people have intellectual disabilities and a range of other challenges. This is a rewarding position, but it does have its difficult moments – you will have to use all your skills and ingenuity to work out ways for them to participate in learning opportunities, experience personal development and enjoy a healthy social life.
To be successful in the role you will:
· Have a keen interest in working with people with intellectual disabilities.
· Be able to respect and apply professional boundaries in all aspects of the job.
· Be committed and consistent – we are looking for people who won’t give up, and will try to find ways to reach these young people and develop lasting relationships.
· Be drug free, prepared not to smoke during work hours and willing to declare any convictions.
· Be fit for the physical and emotional aspects of the role.
· Be an effective communicator.
· Have the flexibility to work 40 hours per week, including weekends and unsocial hours.
Your skills, life experience and aptitude for the job are more important than any qualification. We provide certificated and on-the-job training, and ongoing support and feedback.
Hōhepa provides 24 hour / 7 days a week support, enablement and care for children/tamariki, young people/rangatahi and adults. Our work is based on principles of inclusive social development (drawn from anthroposophy and the example of Rudolf Steiner). Hōhepa is a rewarding and positive place to work. We employ a diverse workforce and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.