‘He Ngakau Aotea’ – embrace new beginnings with an open heart, open mind and open arms
Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga (TToH) is a Ngāti Kahungunu mandated, kaupapa Maori values-based health and social services organisation providing services to our community along the East Coast of the North Island, from Mahia to Rimutaka. Our health, social, education and community development teams have been working successfully with whanau for over 35 years. Our whakatakanga (mission) is ‘Māori ora ki te Mana Māori – Strong Whānau, Vibrant Communities’. Our approach is Mā Māori, Mo Māori, Kia Māori – by Māori, for Māori, with Māori.
We are looking for a talented Research and Evaluation Specialist to be part of our emerging business intelligence team. This is a new role focused on providing evidence on whether and in what ways our services are effective or successful, and through commissioned research and evaluation, inform, guide and influence strategic decision-making and investment. The person we are looking for will have a passion for research and evaluation that advances Māori development and a strong commitment to Kaupapa Māori Health & Social Services provisions.
Reporting to the Pouwhakahaere Ahei (GM Business Growth and Design), you will be responsible for:
- Providing research and evaluation expertise to support delivery of TToH services.
- Undertaking evaluations of TToH services to demonstrate whanau outcomes and identify service design and implementation improvements.
- Providing research and analysis on key issues facing local whānau and hāpori Māori to inform strategic and operational decision-making.
- Supporting development and implementation of organisation-wide monitoring and evaluation frameworks and systems.
- Building a repository of evidence to support marketing/promotion of TToH ‘success story’ to funders and whānau/hāpori, and inform funding bids, planning and strategy.
Suitable applicants will have:
A Bachelor degree and/or Masters, in research and evaluation methods or are studying towards a tertiary qualification in this area, and/or experience in research and evaluation in Kaupapa Maori Health and Social Services or associated field.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of, experience in and a passion for applying research and evaluation methodologies in Kaupapa Māori settings
- Knowledge of and willingness to promote Kaupapa of TToH and Tikangi Maori
- A talent for accuracy and precision
- Excellent people, communication (written and oral) and high-level reporting and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm, energy and results focused
- The ability to self-manage and show initiative and flexibility
This position is a full time (40 hours) fixed term position for 2 years. The hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm. The role commences on Tuesday 6th April 2021 with a Pohiri and TToH Induction day or earlier if possible.
If you have the qualifications and/or skills and experience we are looking for and you would love to be part of an exciting ground level opportunity working in a whanau environment with like-minded people then nau mai, piki mai, kake mai – PLEASE APPLY TODAY!
Applications close: now extended to Monday 15th March 2021