Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours of Work: 28 hours a week
Location: SPCA Wellington
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and experienced fundraiser, someone who is passionate about building and fostering important relationships with generous people. You’ll be able to hit the ground running, supporting and growing our Major Donor and Legacy Acquisition Programmes that are crucial to help SPCA achieve and advance our animal welfare goals. You will build on existing supporter goodwill and our trusted brand to develop enduring relationships with our most passionate supporters.
Are you a skilled communicator, fearless in approaching people to ask for their support, a strategic thinker and have brilliant interpersonal skills?
Have you been successful in developing strong donor relationships, identifying bequest opportunities and improving supporter retention through increased engagement?
We are looking for a people-person, someone who can inspire and influence for the greater good. You’ll be highly organised and able to actively advance our major donor programme and support our national legacy acquisition drives.
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Have a passion for animal welfare and be eager to make a difference
· Have 4+ years fundraising experience – understanding the importance of ongoing stewardship and influencing and engaging high-level donors
· Be an excellent communicator on all levels
· Demonstrate initiative, problem solving ability, and critical thinking skills
· Be a team player, as well as being able to work autonomously, and keen to engage others across the organisation
· Be experienced in tracking of supporter activity and journeys on a CRM database
In return, we can offer you the very best work stories, a competitive salary, plenty of opportunity for animal cuddles, a supportive team and a fundraising savvy and supportive culture.
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close 12 March 2021.