Have you dreamed of flexible working options with little weekend work? Working within well-equipped, modern facilities? Having on-going support and professional development opportunities? Look no further…
Southern Cross' North Harbour Hospital are searching for Experience Registered Operating Room Nurses to join our Theatre department. North Harbour offers a wide range of surgical services and post-operative care to around 6,500 patients each year. Our surgical specialities include General surgery, Gynaecology, Oral & Maxillofacial surgery, Urology, Orthopaedics, Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, Urology, Otolaryngology and Robotics. We currently have multiple opportunities across Theatre (part time and full time). You will be working with an experienced management team, to help make a valuable contribution to safe, appropriate, and quality patient/family centre patient care. North Harbour Hospital has 8 operating theatres, a 14 bedded PACU, a modern well-equipped day stay facility unit and a 70 bedded ward which includes a 4 bedded intermediate care facility (ICF). At North Harbour you will be given the opportunity to advance your surgical experience, our theatre nurses provide surgical assisting to our Consultants in the operating department with modern facilities, high utilisation rates, a quality service, supportive management and a collegial team this is a dynamic, fast paced environment where your nursing skills and scope can develop and your career will thrive.
To be successful you will need:
· To be a NZ Registered Nurse with a current practising certificate
· A minimum of 2 years' experience working in theatre (scrubbing, circulating and assisting)
· Orthopaedic experience including total joint replacement or spinal surgery is desirable
· Have excellent communication skills and be a team player
What we can offer you:
· Competitive remuneration packages
·Subsidised health insurance
· Annual Nurses Appreciation Day
· Generous staff referral programme
· Christmas and New year breaks
· NZ Nursing Council approved PDRP
· State of the art Operating Rooms
· A comprehensive employee wellness programme
· Free parking
· Ongoing training and development
· Opportunities to expand practice including; suturing, assisting
About Southern Cross Healthcare
At the heart of Southern Cross Healthcare are over 3000 employees passionate about making a difference to the health of New Zealanders. They work alongside over 1200 medical specialists who are credentialled to provide services in our hospital facilities.
We are united in our purpose to advance the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders. This is supported by our not-for-profit DNA and a culture that puts care at the heart of all we do.
Now is an exciting time to join Southern Cross Healthcare as we pursue our vision to reshape the delivery of healthcare to enable New Zealanders to live healthier lives.
Make the change you have always been looking for and apply now!
Only applicants who have the right to work in New Zealand will be considered.