Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect; learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future
We are now seeking a full-time registered nurse to work between our adult and family centre programmes as well as participating as a part of the wider Odyssey nursing team.
Your role will primarily involve:
- Completing initial nursing assessments of new clients / whaiora
- Managing the ongoing primary health care of clients / whaiora
- Assessing and monitoring client / whaiora mental health
- Assessing, administering and managing medication requirements in line with documented nursing or medication plans
- Specialist referral and consultation participation & review
- Provision of healthy living education & communication to clients / whaiora
- Actively contributing as a key part of the infection control team
You will possess:
- A current nursing registration
- At least two years post-registration experience, preferably in the social services, addictions and/or mental health sectors
- The ability to work autonomously within a supportive multi-disciplinary team
- Well-developed clinical skills in assessment, diagnostics and treatment planning
- Strong computer and case noting/data entry skills
- Sensitivity and enjoyment in working with clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Collaboration and communication skills to develop & maintain relationships
- Strong organisational skills and reporting capabilities
- Knowledge and skills to promote healthy living and hygiene best practice.
- A full clean driver's licence
Odyssey can provide you with:
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday role
- A safe supportive work environment
- An autonomous work environment within a multi-disciplinary team
- A competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities
- 22 days annual leave
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 Ext 505
Closing date: Monday 8th March