Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
If you would like to make a positive difference and use your experience as a registered nurse, then join our Te Wairua (co-existing disorders) service in Royal Oak.
You will be joining a team where the heart is truly in the work! Specifically, you will be responsible for:
· Providing primary health care to clients/whai ora and monitoring their mental health
· Undertaking nursing assessments and screenings,
· Organising and assisting with doctor's and psychiatrist's visits, specialist referrals and consultations
· Medication management
· Providing health education to clients/ whai ora and employees
· Being part of the wider Odyssey Infection Control team
Ideally, our successful candidate will have:
· Current nursing registration and at least two years post-registration experience, preferably in mental health and/or addictions, or practice nursing
· Well-developed clinical skills in assessment, diagnostic & treatment planning
· A sound knowledge of mental health and primary health care nursing
· The ability to work autonomously within a supportive multi-disciplinary team
· Sensitivity and the ability to work with clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Good organisational, communication and reporting skills
· The knowledge and skills to promote good health and hygiene practices
· A full, clean NZ Driver Licence
In return, we offer you:
· The opportunity to work 40 hours, Monday to Friday – no evenings or weekend working!
· A competitive salary and 22 days annual leave
· Payment of your annual nursing registration fee
· Support with further professional development or study
· Free meals and fruit every day!
· A safe and stimulating working environment
Please be sure to include your CV and a cover letter when completing our online registration and application process. You can also contact Jared Johanson on 09 2815653 if you have any further questions.
Closing date: Wednesday 30th September 2020
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.