We have a great opportunity for an experienced and qualified Registered Health Practitioner who is looking for an interesting and varied position. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
You will be utilising your excellent relationship skills, clinical expertise, resilience, and flexibility to support people achieve positive goals in their lives using the Strengths Model and Recovery Approach. You will be making a difference in people’s lives and working for a well-established and respected award-winning provider of mental health services based in West Auckland.
If you would like to be considered for this role you will have:
· A current registration with a professional body covered by HPCA 2003 Act, Social Work Registration or have a current APC as a Nurse, Social Worker, AOD Practitioner or Occupational Therapist.
· Post qualifying experience working within the Mental Health/AOD Sector
· A current annual practicing certificate
· An understanding and appreciation of Strengths and Recovery-Based practice
· A proven ability to work effectively with people from various cultures, especially Maori and Pasifika
· Knowledge and understanding of the needs of people experiencing mental illness
· The ability to work innovatively to achieve individual’s goals as well as the goals of the service
· A positive and professional attitude
· A collaborative approach
· An ability to work independently – as well as positively contributing to team outcomes
· Familiarity with the West Auckland community and resources
· Excellent communication, relationship, and advocacy skills
· A current, clean, full driver’s licence
· Good computer and record keeping skills
We can offer you:
· Training opportunities and supports
· External supervision
· A supportive working environment
· Competitive remuneration
If you are seeking a challenge at the cutting edge of mental health service delivery and wish to positively contribute to our vision of Healthy Lives Shaping Healthy Communities. Please visit our web site www.walsh.org.nz for more information about WALSH Trust.
Applicants for this position should have an entitlement to work in New Zealand.
WALSH Trust conducts Police vetting checks for all successful candidates. Under the requirements of the Children’s Act, 2014, new candidates that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process. For current employees, these checks are repeated every three years.
WALSH Trust is an equal opportunity employer and supports a smokefree environment.