Southland, Invercargill, the world’s Southernmost city surrounded by beautiful scenery, and just a few hours’ drive to international travel destination Queenstown. Invercargill is a close-knit community with affordable housing, world-class amenities and a 5-minute commute to work. Now is the time to move, with Invercargill set for the future with a major inner-city redevelopment.
Our mission is to provide children with a secure, caring, learning environment helping them reach their potential; integrating cultural awareness and Christian values and understanding through their Catholic faith.
We are a decile 9 school based in Waikiwi, North Invercargill who take a community-based approach to learning, where teachers, parents and the community come together. We welcome students from all across the Southland area. Our school grounds cover a generous land area and we have recently refurbished a number of our school buildings.
About the role
Leading a team of 5 experienced teachers our Principal will be an innovative, enthusiastic and driven individual who is passionate about growing Sacred Heart’s presence in the Southland Community.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring Sacred Heart School operates within all legal requirements and according to the Board of Trustee's policies, including meeting its annual audit and reporting requirements.
- Overall management of the school, its resources and facilities, including ensuring the school is adequately and competently staffed and a safe, secure environment for pupils.
- Administering the school's funds according to an approved budget and financial policies, reporting to the board and making recommendations where required.
- Providing effective and motivational leadership to all staff, continuing their professional development.
- Ensure the well-being and educational achievements of pupils through development of the school curriculum and evaluate teaching programmes in line with the national education guidelines and the school's charter, policies and plans.
- Ensure personal professional development by keeping up to date with curriculum and new best practice developments.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with the board of trustees, staff, children, families / whānau and members of the community.
- With support from the Director of Religious Studies, develop and maintain the Catholic Special Character of the school.
Successful applicants will possess:
- A deep understanding of and commitment to our Catholic faith and traditions.
- The ability and willingness to step into the classroom when required as a skilled and experienced teacher.
- An innovative and visionary approach to primary school education with the ability to implement strategic plans.
- Demonstrated leadership experience as a Principal, Deputy or Senior Syndicate Leader.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with the board of trustees, staff, children, families / whānau and members of the community.
- Proven experience utilising marketing and communication strategies to grow community engagement.
- Experience in managing HR, finances and property in the school environment.
If this sounds like you, please apply online or call Rachel Willis at Findex on 022 012 0694 for more information.
Please note applications close Monday 20th of July at 5.00pm