Odyssey has celebrated over 30 years of supporting people to change their lives. We deliver high quality, comprehensive services for people with an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and/or gambling. We offer a diverse range of programmes and services across a number of population centres including Auckland, Whangarei and the Waikato region.
The Odyssey Drug Treatment Programme (DTP) in the Auckland Regional Prison based in Albany has been successfully operating since the first intake in October 2010. We are currently seeking a full time Practitioner to join our team in delivering 3-month therapeutic programmes for up to 48 male participants. Your role will include assessing clients, developing treatment plans, preparing NZ Parole Board reports and ensuring effective delivery of 1-2-1 and group interventions.
Do you have:
· Relevant Health qualification in alcohol and other drugs (AOD), counselling, social work or mental health
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
· Be registered or be working towards registration with a professional body
· Skills in group delivery and individual interventions
· Motivational interviewing experience
· Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
· Excellent clinical judgement and strong clinical boundaries
· An understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
· Report writing skills and computer proficiency
· An understanding of working in a correctional environment
· Capability to complete informative and up to date records to maintain updated record management
We offer you:
· A competitive salary and benefits
· Learning and development opportunities
· Varied work that supports the community
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
· A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
Please note that to work in the Corrections environment applicants will be required to pass the Ministry of Justice clearance checks, as well as Police and Ministry of Social Development checks. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson, P&C Advisor on 09 2815653.
Closing date: Tuesday 27th August 2019 at 4.00pm