Are you looking a new professional challenge?
Do you enjoy helping others?
We have an opportunity for a full-time Practitioner/Kiawhakamahereroa Waranga to join our committed and friendly team at Odyssey’s residential Family Centre located on a six-acre park-like site in New Windsor (West Auckland).
If you relate well to people, can problem solve and have a combination of life experience and professional skills and knowledge then we may have the job for you.
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
You will be responsible for providing clinical services in partnership with whai ora (people seeking wellness) in our Family Centre residential programme with their children, supporting them to achieve the life outcomes they seek.
Our idea candidates will have:
• A relevant social or health related qualification (level 7) and up to 1 years’ experience working with whai ora and their family/whānau in a social services, addictions and/or mental health care setting.
• Registration with DAPAANZ or another professional body under the HPCA (or working towards it).
• A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) method of treatment.
• Knowledge of the effects related to the misuse of alcohol and other drugs.
• The flexibility to work rostered shifts including one day on the weekend per week.
• A sense of humour and a flexible 'can do' approach.
• A full NZ driver’s license.
In return, we offer:
• A competitive salary and benefits, including paid meal breaks, 22 days annual leave and 5 days paid study leave per annum.
• Professional development opportunities as well as varied work that supports the community.
• A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
To apply, please select 'Apply' and send us your CV and a cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire online.
For all enquiries, please contact Ursula Mochocka on 021578262.
We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.
Closing date: Tuesday, 28 September 2021
Please note that police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are required for this role.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.