People and Capability Manager
· Our Purpose: For Our Community
· Invercargill, New Zealand
The Invercargill Licensing Trust (ILT) is a high performing community owned organisation with a clear purpose – to create and contribute to a vibrant Invercargill. ILT operates 23 businesses across Invercargill. It employs around 600 staff and has a rich heritage of investing in leading edge hospitality facilities and funding significant community projects through its distribution of profits to over 400 community organisations each year.
This year ILT is opening The Langlands Hotel; a brand new 4.5 star, 78 room hotel in the heart of Invercargill. The rooms will exude luxury and the quality food and beverage offerings will be current and sophisticated.
The People & Capability Manager is a crucial leadership role in ILT. The People & Capability Manager will drive the human resources and health, safety and wellbeing functions to develop a highly engaged workforce.
The purpose of this role is to ensure ILT continues to build capability through their people, meet all legislative requirements and develop a strong culture of high performance.
The People and Capability Manager will deliver best practice operational support to managers in all areas of human resources and health and safety including training and development, industrial relations, organisational development, diversity, remuneration and culture. The People and Capability Manager will play a key role in ensuring that ILT achieves its mission and vision.
Applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
· Proven track record of successfully growing organisational and/or business capability & leadership
· Human resources and health and safety experience including learning & development, talent management, remuneration, employee relations skills and change management is an advantage but not a requirement.
· Tertiary qualified in a field relevant to the position is also an advantage, but not a requirement.
· Sound understanding of relevant New Zealand legislation
. A background in the Hospitality Industry is preferred
· Ability to influence and coach others with a proactive & energetic approach
· Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to articulate the vision and take people on a change journey
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Community focused with a passion for people and the community
For further information on ILT, please visit their website www.ilt.co.nz
This is an opportunity to begin or further your human resources career within a professionally led organisation that delivers tangible outcomes to the community. The role will appeal to those looking to take their next career step within an organisation that is dynamic, energised, future focused and having fun.