Odyssey is New Zealand’s leading community based organisation employing 200 staff providing addictions treatment. Since 1980, Odyssey has helped thousands of New Zealanders to overcome alcohol, drug and gambling addiction problems. As a not-for-profit organisation our focus is helping people to turn their lives around. We work closely with local communities, schools and health organisations. They respect us for our caring approach and single-minded devotion to achieving good outcomes for those who come to us for help.
Odyssey is currently experiencing a period of rapid growth and seeks a tertiary qualified and talented People & Capabilities Manager with a minimum of 5 years generalist experience, a comprehensive understanding of NZ employment legislation and HR best practice, to support its growing workforce needs. We are focussed on finding someone whose practice embodies Odyssey’s organisational values of Love, Concern, Honesty, Responsibility and Trust.
As the People & Capabilities Manager you will take on a key role, reporting directly to the CEO, giving you the opportunity to use your passion and business acumen to provide leadership and take responsibility for the strategic planning, development and implementation of effective and efficient human resource functions and systems that will support Odyssey achieve its objectives.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· Providing HR leadership, strategic direction and advice
· Leading workforce development planning and human capital initiatives
· Leading the recruitment, selection and retention of staff
· Focusing on maintaining a highly engaged workforce
· Ensuring a programme of training and development that supports high level performance outcomes
You will bring to the role:
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Concern for the well-being and development of staff
· Well developed critical analysis and problems solving skills
· A tertiary qualification in Human Resources or similar relevant qualification
· A professional, proactive and results focused attitude
· The ability to drive and support organisational change
If you are interested in working for a well respected and successful organisation and making a genuine difference in people’s live’s we would encourage you to apply for this role.
Please note that Police and MSD clearance checks will be required for this position. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson, P&C Advisor on 09 2815653.
Closing date: Monday 26th August 2019 at 4.00pm