Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Southern Area – ideally based in Christchurch but may be flexible within the lower South Island area
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a solid background in retail sales to join the team as the Op Shop and Retail Team Leader for the Southern area, which includes Motueka, Nelson, Richmond, Renwick, Christchurch, Westport, Hokitika, Dunedin, Alexander, Invercargill.
Reporting to the Op Shop and Retail Area Manager Southern, you will be responsible for the day to day supervision of a group of shops, each with its own manager, and will be assisting the Op Shop and Retail Area Manager Southern in driving performance of op shops and retail outlets within the area to maximise revenue and retail performance, support staff and volunteers, promote one SPCA culture, share knowledge across the Op Shop team and embed national policies and procedures. This includes deputising for the Op Shop and Retail Area Manager as required.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Drive financial performance of assigned stores.
- Provide day to day operational support and guidance to the assigned Op Shop Team, supporting them as high performing, capable and competent team members, delivering high levels of customer and donor satisfaction.
- Support the Op Shop and Retail Area Manager to develop high performing teams, through effective recruitment, performance development and leadership of all team members.
- Support the delivery of national and area marketing through coordinating effective setup and execution of each campaign thereby maximising the sales potential and measuring revenue results.
- Ensuring customer service is consistently of a high standard within the Op Shops.
- Identifying opportunities to drive sales growth in the Op Shops, ensuring their continued success.
- Work with the Op Shop and Retail Area Manager to manage budgets and act within delegated authority.
- Ensure adherence to all SPCA standards, policies and procedures within the Op Shops.
- Establishing and Maintaining Health and Safety standards to the required levels at all times within the Op Shops.
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Have previous leadership experience, and the ability to effectively influence people.
- Have an extensive background in retail sales with proven ability to deliver sales growth.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking, and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience.
- Have a Full Driver’s Licence.
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. The SPCA Op Shops throughout New Zealand help raise vital funds, through selling donated goods, for our organisation to save the lives of the animals that come through our doors.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close 5th March 2021.