Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Central East Area – Base location flexible within the Bay of Plenty area
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional people manager, with a solid background in retail sales management, to join the team as the Op Shop and Retail Area Manager for the Central East area. This region includes Thames, Waihi, Tauranga, Whakatane, Rotorua, Gisborne, Taupo, Taumarunui, Napier, Hastings and Waipukurau,
Reporting to the National Op Shop and Retail Manager, this role will be responsible for the effective management of our, at present, 11 Op Shops across the Central East area and our team of dedicated Op Shop Managers.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
· Management of a group of Op Shop Managers within the Central East area.
· Ensuring customer service is consistently of a high standard within the Op Shops.
· Working within a budget, processing invoices and other associated administrational tasks, including reporting.
· Overseeing regional marketing activity.
· Identifying opportunities to drive sales growth in the Op Shops and Retail, ensuring their continued success.
· Ensure adherence to all SPCA standards, policies and procedures within the Op Shops.
· Establishing and Maintaining Health and Safety standards to the required levels at all times within the Op Shops.
· Delivers project work as requested.
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Have previous people management experience, with proven ability to recruit, train and manage a high performing team.
· Have an extensive background in retail sales management, with proven ability to deliver sales growth.
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking, and thrives in a fast paced environment.
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Have excellent computer skills.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience.
· Have a Full Driver’s Licence.
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. The SPCA Op Shops throughout New Zealand help raise vital funds, through selling donated goods, for our organisation to save the lives of the animals that come through our doors.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close 5th March 2021.