Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of work: Tuesday - Saturday 8:45am-5:15pm
Location: SPCA Op Shop Kumeu (Store opening October 2021)
We are excited to announce a Store Manager position is now available at our new Kumeu store! As the store has not been setup yet, you will have the opportunity to be part of the setup of your very own store! The position will be busy, exciting and challenging.
You will be responsible for the management of the shop and the volunteer team, this includes a high standard of customer service, general administration and reporting. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude. You will have good attention to detail and the ability to merchandise and present a retail shop in a way that draws customers through the door.
A key benefit to this role is going home every day with the knowledge that the work you do supports an amazing cause.
What we can offer you
· Positively contributing to New Zealand's animal welfare
· Work with highly passionate people
· Onsite parking
· The opportunity to set up our new large format Kumeu SPCA Op Shop for success and influence refining the large format store operational systems
Skills and abilities
· Retail management experience, second hand retail would be an advantage, however not essential
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, be solutions focused with friendly and positive can-do attitude.
· Have proven ability to recruit, train and manage a high performing team.
· Excellent organisation skills and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Strong administration and computer skills
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. We have 7 SPCA Op Shops throughout Auckland, these shops help fund the work that we do enabling us to save the lives of the animals that come through our door.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on 30th September 2021 but may close sooner depending on the volume and caliber of applications received.