Who are you:
We’re looking for a confident and detail-orientated individual to join our Business Enablement team as Onboarding and Assurance Specialist for a 12 month fixed term period.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing accurate and insightful advice and guidance regarding first line compliance policy and processes to internal customers, external parties and the wider organisational network. Working closely with frontline teams and key business units your role will include providing guidance and assistance, building network capability and improving outcomes while ensuring regulatory obligations are met through the promotion and development of a strong compliance culture.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Effectively training and supporting to help improve first line assurance across the business, while accelerating performance and efficiency within the team
- Balancing compliance with the customer experience to establish intent and make well-informed decisions which protects all parties from risk
- Completing scheduled High-Risk Reviews, ensuring processes and procedures are documented, and updated as required and the appropriate actions fulfilled
- Monitoring and managing reporting functions as required, and assisting in operations that may involve Exemption, Approval or Escalation where needed
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- 2+ years’ experience in the financial services industry at a front-line level where onboarding was part of your duties, a legal background with knowledge of AML is preferable
- An ability to analyze a situation, extract key information and make a well-informed decision with autonomy, identifying common trends or themes and escalating when necessary
- An ability to question our intent, the risk involved and the potential impact on all parties
- A commitment to seek resolution and influence and assist the Network positively
- A can-do attitude which focus on a common sense ‘should we’ approach in regard to conduct and responsibility whilst understanding the potential risk
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills and effective time management capabilities; with clear and concise explanations which are accurate and relatable
Who are we:
We’re a real New Zealand bank on a mission – to help New Zealanders get ahead and to make their banking experience as easy as possible. Like our customers, our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re committed to developing and encouraging our people to achieve their goals both inside, and outside of our four walls. We promote inclusion and innovative thinking, and pride ourselves on the positive working environment we’ve created.
So if you’re passionate about helping New Zealanders and ready to get stuck in as part of a team where you’re supported to be your best self…Apply now!
Applications close Sunday 7th March