Bidfood Timaru is seeking a Nightshift Warehouse Manager
Prior Staff Management / HR experience, Forklift and Reach Truck experience and flexibility of hours is a preferred minimum requirement.
General days/hours are Sun to Thurs nights with a rostered Friday, 7pm to 4.30am - some overtime expected and job-end finish.
This is a salaried position and it will reflect the sole charge position of this role based on experience - Additional shifts paid on top of
If you have the relevant experience and appetite to develop your career then please apply
Position Nightshift Warehouse Manager
Reports to General Manager
“We will be the very best foodservice distributor by being innovative and responsive to the interest and continued success of our customers, which in turn will provide for the success of our co-workers, suppliers and community”
The primary responsibility of this role is:
· To ensure that all delivery vehicles are loaded accurately and ready for departure at the times set by Despatch
· To be responsible for staff, product and premises security during the Nightshift operating hours
· Dayshift Warehouse Manager, Despatch Manager, Compliance Manager, Stock Controller, Produce Manager and staff
· Take responsibility for the Nightshift staff, product and premises security during the Nightshift.
· Advise your Manager of sick leave taken and holiday requests.
· Liaise with Despatch Manager or Stock Controller re investigation of loading and picking errors, out of stocks
· Ensure that orders are picked and ready for delivery or collection on a timely basis.
· Distribute pick-sheets and assign work to Nightshift staff
· Ensure stock substitutions and/or random weights are noted on pick sheets, including meat weight slips, and the amendment completed.
· Follow any instructions on invoices or pick sheets
· Monitor stock rotation by ensuring oldest stock is picked first.
· Advise Despatch Manager of stock unable to be found
· Ensure that truck bodies are pre-cooled for at least 90mins
· Pack and load stock off invoice for delivery runs. Stack load on to trucks. Use fork-hoist where necessary.
· Ensure that each truck is plugged in to a 3 phase outlet upon completion of loading to maintain temperature
· As per your Employment Agreement, ensure that you observe Company policies on personal hygiene, wounds and infectious illnesses.
· Adhere to ALL relevant Food Safety procedures and processes as indicated by the Company’s Food Safety Program
· Lead the implementation and maintenance of the company’s Food Safety Program for Nightshift
· Assist with the full Company stock-takes when required.
· Ensure that the stock locations are maintained by advising Stock Controller of incorrect locations
· Monitor that daily equipment and machinery safety checks are performed use. Advise the Warehouse or General Manager of any damaged or faulty equipment immediately.
· Ensure that the Safety Officer or your Manager is advised of any new accidents, incidents or hazards identified immediately. Report any employee health and safety concerns to the Safety Officer.
· Periodically test and record the level of understanding of health and safety procedures
· Perform and record health and safety training for new employees in addition to refresher training for existing employees you supervise.
Key Performance Indicators
· Meeting the preset truck Despatch times
· Accuracy of loading according to customer request for credits and Despatch Manager or Stock Controller observations
· Appropriate notice & accuracy of staff rosters
· Standard of delivery vehicle stacking
· Product knowledge of the Nightshift team
· Attention to product handling i.e. damages during picking and loading
· Freezer & warehouse tidiness at the end of each shift
· Compliance with food safety requirements
· Continuity of Health and Safety checks and training
· Perceptions of teamwork by other staff with functional relationships
· Contribution to achievement of goals within overall operations group and Company
· Number of recorded out of stocks found after the shift is finished