Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in - keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Mower Operator in Dunedin. Responsibilities include ride on mowing, weed eating, basic mechanical maintenance of plant and some basic gardening / weed spraying for the DCC Water and Waste Contract.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience on ride on mowers in a contract environment;
- Wheels endorsement would be advantageous but training can be provided for successful applicant:
- Experience with weed trimmers and other small plant;
- Basic mechanical knowledge;
- Basic Gardening skills (hedge cutting / weeding / spraying)
- Dedication to complete every job to a high standard as per contract requirements;
- Mindful of safety and courteous of the general public;
- A strong work ethic and can be relied upon to work well unsupervised;
- Flexibility with hours to meet operational requirements;
- Able to prioritize and work within time-frames;
- Able to work well with others and can communicate effectively.
The preferred candidates will also have the following:
- A current clean drivers license;
- Growsafe certification and/or a registered chemical applicators qualification;
- Vegetation control experience;
- A demonstrated focus on Health & Safety;
- A proven record of being a team player.
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to contribute to a variety of interesting projects
- A role where you can be challenged
- Joining a progressive and reputable South Island organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive remuneration package with all gear and equipment provided
- A fun and supportive work environment
If this sounds like you, and you have the ability to work independently, will exhibit tidy and methodical work practices, we want to hear from you.
Applications close 29 January 2021
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz.