Villa Maria is a family-owned winery recognised globally as an icon of the New Zealand wine industry. Exporting to over 60 countries worldwide, Villa Maria has a rich history of producing world-class wine. If you are interested in playing a key role in our Viticulture team, read on.
An incredible opportunity exists to take on a new role as Marlborough Viticulture Manager based in Marlborough. You will lead our award-winning Marlborough viticulture team and oversee the management of 840 hectares of diverse and iconic vineyards. Villa Maria champions organic vineyard management and the vision is to increase this substantially over time. We produce the number one NZ Sauvignon Blanc in the UK, by volume and value, as well as world renowned single vineyard wines from our best vineyard sites.
This exciting and challenging role will ensure that our company owned and managed vineyards achieve operational excellence and grape production of the highest quality. We are looking for an experienced Viticulturist or Vineyard Manager keen to take the next step in their career to be a leader in one of the world’s great wine companies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead a team of experienced Vineyard Managers fostering strong attitudes and team culture towards health & safety, quality and operational efficiency
- Management of costs and budgets including setting of annual budget
- Maintain robust compliance programmes including with Sustainable Winegrowing NZ and BioGro standards
- Achieve target cropping and fruit quality levels of varieties to meet production targets and quality parameters
- Ensure the successful development and establishment of any new vineyards
- Ensure successful planning and implementation of disease management programmes (ie vineyard wood)
- Design and deliver continuous improvement programmes that achieve vineyard optimisation and profitability
- To report to the Villa Maria Board and Terra Vitae Board as required
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Existing experience as a Viticulturist and/or Vineyard Manager (managing medium to large vineyards)
- Strong communicator with the ability to liaise effective with a variety of stakeholders (verbal and written)
- Financial planning and budget management
- Successful track record in fostering strong and productive team cultures
- Good discipline towards the planning and management of annual work plans
- Continuous improvement mindset
To find out more, contact Ollie Powrie on 021931162 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click apply to submit your application.