Industrial Tube is a long-standing family-owned business based in Hamilton. Founded by Peter Green in 1985, the company has a long history in manufacturing high quality steel tube (carbon steel and stainless) and tubular products. The business has developed a strong reputation based on service delivery and quality. Despite the continued growth, the company remains very connected to its core values, with a very people-orientated approach to both its staff, and the community.
We are currently seeking a dedicated, flexible and motivated all-rounder to join our maintenance department doing work with general maintenance, breakdowns, machinery improvements and installations, you will also be able to work in the workshop with milling, turning and have the ability to fabricate and weld.
Normal hours of work would generally be between 6.30am to 4.00pm Monday – Friday but may change due to breakdowns and callouts.
For our manufacturing plant to produce high quality product we rely on a dedicated and focused engineering team.
Having a good work/life/family balance is important to us and is part of the company’s ethos. We don’t work on public holidays and close for 2 weeks over the Christmas and New Year’s period.
We also offer job stability with competitive wages and benefits including incentive schemes.
· Trade qualification in either Mechanical Engineering or Fitting and Turning
· Can do precision work (Tool making and Fitting) using centre lathes and small milling machines (Not CNC)
· Have Fabrication and Diagnostic Engineering skills and experience
· Be a team player but also be able to work unsupervised.
· Ensure timing and quality of work output
· Sound fault finding / problem solving experience
· Experience in pneumatic's and hydraulics an advantage
· Can work at heights
· Have good all-round health and safety awareness