MASH Trust - Wellington City - Wellington
· Do you want to make a difference while gaining industry experience?
· Are you compassionately qualified?
· Are you interested in being part of a reputable, professional team that has a long history of providing quality to support to those in need within your community?
MASH provides a wide range of support services for people with Mental Health, Intellectual or Physical Disability or Illness, alcohol and addiction and youth respite care
These services are offered either at the residential homes we support, or people who require support in their own homes, or in the community.
MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay regions.
MASH mental health residential supported accommodation provides community based housing with support staff available depending on the level of need. MASH support staff work in partnership with our consumers to develop individualised packages and achieve personal goals.
We believe that:
· People with disabilities as citizens of New Zealand have the same rights to full community participation.
· Learning & Development is a lifelong process and that all people possess the ability to learn and develop.
· Every person can have a valued role in society.
· Services must be developed to meet the needs of individuals that use them.
· The needs of people change and services need to be responsive of those changes.
As a Community Support Worker you will be supporting clients by maintaining a high quality of life, a quality home environment, and encouraging full participation in all aspects of community daily life.
You will have/be:
· A relevant qualification and/or experience is desirable, however not essential.
· Open to personal cares such as - assisting with showering, dressing and getting our consumers in and out of bed.
· Hold a current full drivers licence and have reliable transport
· Wanting flexibility with hours of work and not interested in a standard nine-to-five.
· The ability to take pride in a healthy home environment – including cleaning, meal preparation and shopping.
· Eligible to work in New Zealand with a minimum of six months on Visa.
· Caring and Kind in nature with integrity that can provide support to those from all walks of life.
We have many Fixed Term positions available, either Full Time or Part Time working within our Mental Health service.
You will be working across a number of houses in the Palmerston North area. You must be able to do all shifts eg 7.45am – 4.45pm, 5pm – 8am (sleepovers) and be flexible to work any day. You must be able to work Christmas and New Year. This could lead to Permanent work at the end of the fixed term contract.
These positions are available November 2019 until February 2020, but these are negotiable.
What can we offer you?
· An excellent working environment
· Rewarding work
· Excellent overtime allowances and a minimum starting rate of $20.50 per hour.
· Career growth and advancement