· Can you work a variety of hours including nights and weekends?
Port Nelson Ltd (PNL) is the maritime gateway for the Nelson, Tasman and Marlborough region – a vital hub the region’s continued economic growth and prosperity. Our Stevedoring Division handles the loading and unloading of vessels, predominantly logs and containers.
Due to internal development, we are seeking applications from experienced hardworking individuals to join our Stevedoring team. We are a 24/7 operation with shifts commencing at any time of the day or night.
To be considered, you will:
· Be an experienced Logs Digger operator and/or Log Crane operator
· Have a genuine commitment to health and safety
· Be physically fit and able
· Flexibility to work variable hours / days with some travel to work out of Port in Picton
· Be a team player with a positive attitude
You will have previous experience in an operational or stevedoring environment, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience operating heavy plant loading log vessels - excavators 12-16t (with log grapple experience) and/or log ship cranes.
We offer a highly competitive hourly rate and a variety of contract types. For the right candidates there are opportunities to train, up-skill and build a real career in Ports and Stevedoring.
At Port Nelson Ltd, irrespective of our position, we all strive to uphold our “ASPIRE” values: Accountability, Safety, Passion, Integrity/honesty, Respect and Excellence.
We operate a drug and alcohol-testing programme.
We need to move quickly and will be assessing applications as they are received so please apply ASAP or contact Jacqui on 027 734 0113 for more information.