Your opportunity and benefits
We are looking for someone to join our team at Port Nelson. Our Stevedoring team handles predominantly containers and logs in both Nelson and Picton. We have a team of highly skilled individuals who work predominantly between two cargo types for the purpose of loading and unloading cargo on and off vessels. We are currently looking for people to add to our great team.
As a Logs Digger or Logs Crane Operator for Port Nelson Stevedoring you will:
· Work loading logs from our wharves onto the vessels
· Have the opportunity to gain additional financial benefits by working in Port Marlborough from time to time
· Be provided with all necessary training and development to ensure that you are confident and capable of working in our 24/7 safety critical operations
· Be eligible to Southern Cross Medical insurance and a fitness/wellbeing allowance
As well as becoming part of the Logs Stevedoring team you will also be trained across Container Operations to add to your skill set providing you with the opportunity to be utilised in many other roles and potentially different teams throughout the wider Port Nelson business.
As a vital part of the wider Port Nelson team, we are able to recognise the skills of our people and offer highly competitive market rates, allowances and a range of contract options for the right people. Many of our people have progressed their careers into Supervisory and Management roles this may also be an opportunity.
At Port Nelson Ltd, irrespective of our position, we all strive to uphold our “ASPIRE” values: Accountability, Safety, Passion, Integrity/honesty, Respect and Excellence.
In addition to our values, we need:
· A genuine commitment to health and safety
· A strong appetite to train and develop
· To be physically fit and able to pass a pre-employment medical
· Flexibility to work variable hours / days with some travel to work out of Port in Picton
· To be a proactive team player with a positive, can do attitude
Please be aware that all new employees becoming part of the border workforce, specifically those commencing in port-side roles covered by the current Public Health Order (PHO), must have had at least their first vaccination dosage BEFORE starting work with Port Nelson. The second vaccination must be administered within 35 days of the first. Consequently, if you are offered a role covered by this PHO, you will be entitled to receive a priority vaccination.
We operate a drug and alcohol testing programme.
We need to move quickly and will be assessing applications as they are received so please apply ASAP or contact Jacqui on 027 734 0113 for more information. No text messages please.