We want you to join our crew! We have a permanent, part-time position of 9 hours per week available at the Wanaka Recreation Centre. You must be available to cover shifts on Tuesdays and Sundays during our operating hours of 5:30am – 9:30pm.
As Health and Fitness Aquatics Crew (Lifeguard) it will be your job to ensure the safe supervision of all users in an aquatic environment. You will be expected to provide a high level of customer service, make great health and safety decisions, have pride in cleaning and custodianship and be competent to provide emergency response where required.
This role is instrumental in assisting with participation of our community and membership retention by ensuing a fun and dynamic, yet safe and effective environment and facility. Your goal is to get more people, more active, more often.
To be considered, you will have;
- Experience in the supervision and control of the public
- A positive, can do attitude and proven ability working well as part of a team
- Flexibility to work a range of morning, evening and weekend shifts
- A confident swimming ability – able to swim 200m continuously and competently in less than 6 minutes but preferably in less than 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Must be able to competently complete 25m sidestroke, 50m Breaststroke, 5 minutes treading water and you must be able to recover an object from the deepest part of the facility. Must be able to carry out a variety of water rescues and life-saving techniques correctly and competently.
- A current NZQA affiliated First Aid Certificate that meets the following unit standards. Unit standards Group A (both of 26551 & 26552) and/or unit standards group B (all of: 6400, 6401, 6402)
- A current NZ Pool Lifeguard Skills Award or Pool Lifeguard Practicing Certificate (preferred). Trainees must be at least 16 years of age to gain these.
In return the successful candidate will receive;
- A great working environment as part of a large competent team
- Competitive market remuneration
- Regular work hours
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Company social club
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/
Please direct any questions to Dot Leggett on +64 (3) 4430427 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close: Wednesday 6 July, 2022.