Lead a team of 3-5 Support Navigators (social workers), who work directly with whanau and individuals of VisionWest Community Trust Housing team and its multiple housing programmes. Manage a client load and connect whanau and individuals to life skill services, advocacy and supports through effective networking.
You will :
· Lead and coach team members to ensure activity level and service quality is achieved
· Assess whanau needs and provide an integrated and holistic approach to care for whanau in housing need and provide access to relevant services
· Meet all KPIs required by the multiple contracts being delivered by Housing
· Report on client feedback to the senior management team with solutions for further improvements
You will need:
· A tertiary qualification in Social Work (Degree), recognised by the Social Work Board (SWRB)
· Experience working with those who have experienced abuse and trauma
· Supervision training or be working towards this
· Have the ability to lead a team with a focus on guiding and monitoring practice
· Demonstrate the ability to work in a bi-cultural context and acknowledge the Treaty of Waitangi to practice.
· Experience of providing excellence in customer service with good interpersonal skills to include telephone & face to face interviews
You will receive:
· If you live in West Auckland, the opportunity of working closer to home
· A thorough induction and onboarding
· A cohesive and supportive team environment
· The chance to further your social work experience within a large organisation
· The opportunity to be part of the solution to the housing crisis in NZ
VisionWest Community Trust is an award-winning, not-for-profit organisation with faith-led roots, that provides a range of services to communities in Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Christchurch.
Manaakitanga (Holistic Care)
Whanaungatanga (Authentic Relationships)
A commitment to the vision, mission and values of VisionWest Community Trust is essential for this position, see www.VisionWest.org.nz/about-us
If this role appeals to you, then please apply now!