About the role:
Lead a team of 3-5 Support Navigators (social workers), who work directly with whanau and individuals of VisionWest Community Trust Housing team and its multiple housing programmes. Manage a client load and connect whanau and individuals to life skill services, advocacy and supports through effective networking.
You will also:
- Lead and coach team members to ensure activity level and service quality is achieved
- Assess whanau needs and provide an integrated and holistic approach to care for whanau in housing need and provide access to relevant services
- Meet all KPIs required by the multiple contracts being delivered by Housing
- Report on client feedback to the senior management team with solutions for further improvements
Skills and Experiences:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work (Degree), recognised by the Social Work Board (SWRB)
- Experience working with those who have experienced abuse and trauma
- Supervision training or be working towards this
- Have the ability to lead a team with a focus on guiding and monitoring practice
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a bi-cultural context and acknowledge the Treaty of Waitangi to practice.
- Experience of providing excellence in customer service with good interpersonal skills to include telephone & face to face interviews
- If you live in West Auckland, the opportunity of working closer to home
- A thorough induction and onboarding
- A cohesive and supportive team environment
- The chance to further your social work experience within a large organisation
- The opportunity to be part of the solution to the housing crisis in NZ
About the Company:
VisionWest Community Trust is an award-winning, not-for-profit organisation with faith-led roots, that provides a range of services to communities in Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Christchurch.
Manaakitanga (Holistic Care)
Whanaungatanga (Authentic Relationships)
A commitment to the vision, mission and values of VisionWest Community Trust is essential for this position, see www.VisionWest.org.nz/about-us
If this role appeals to you, then please apply now!