Permanent Part Time (0.4 FTE/ 16 hours a week)
Mokoia Campus, Rotorua
Health and Wellness (Student Support)
Toi Ohomai delivers quality vocational education and training to both domestic and international students, across five main campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Taupō, Tokoroa and Whakatāne, and 68 delivery sites across the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato. Toi Ohomai is now a subsidiary organisation for Te Pukenga and part of a transformational change unifying all 16 Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics across Aotearoa; together with other work-based, provider-based and online learning. Collectively we will be NZ’s largest tertiary education provider with national and regional reach enabling learners and employers to move between workplaces and other educational offerings and between locations as their needs change.
The Kaitiaki Nurse role is a part-time member of the Student Support Services Team based at the Mokoia Campus, Rotorua. The aim of the role is to provide a professional, high-quality health and wellness service to our students and staff.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
· Treatment of minor injuries, illnesses and/or health concerns
· Responding to campus emergencies
· Sexual health services (cervical smears, contraception, STI checks and pregnancy testing)
· Immunisation services
· Promoting physical, emotional and mental wellbeing
· Promotion of health education and awareness
· Maintain accurate and monthly reporting information, documentation and records that are readily available to appropriate parties.
The skills, experience and qualifications required for this role include:
· Registered nurse qualification
· Current annual practising certificate with Nursing Council of New Zealand
· Current CPR and First Aid certificate
· Certified Vaccinator
· Full driver’s license
· Extensive nursing experience working in busy environments
· Nursing experience in mental health, sexual health and responding to emergencies
· 2 years nursing experience (minimum)
Importantly you will be able to demonstrate strong alignment and commitment to our Toi Ohomai Values.
Applications close 30th April 2021, however, we will be shortlisting as we go so it is recommended that you submit your application at your earliest convenience. We also reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement before the closing date should the right candidate be found.
As a responsible employer and education provider, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons and applies relevant policy and practice to meet this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo relevant vetting and employment checks.