· Fixed term 12 month contract initially
· Jan/Feb 2023 start
· International company
Our client, Evonik is one of the world's leading specialty chemicals companies. With 33,000 employees and production sites in 27 countries. Morrinsville is home to New Zealand’s only Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) production plant, it is owned and operated by Evonik Peroxide Ltd and has been operating safely since it opened in 1990. Hydrogen peroxide, an environmentally-friendly oxidizing and bleaching agent, is used predominantly in the pulp and paper, textile, metalliferous mining and food industry sectors. In addition to hydrogen peroxide, the plant also manufactures a high quality down-stream product, peracetic acid, which is used as an industrial disinfectant.
We are looking for a Junior Engineer to join the Projects department at Evonik Peroxide Limited. You will be working on exciting and challenging topics with a team in an innovative and creative environment. On-the-job training working alongside our project administrator, plant engineer and other project managers guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently.
The role is designed to provide project engineering support and project management. With experience and confidence this role could develop within Evonik Peroxide Limited to include the role of project responsible. Duties include but are not limited to:
· Project Engineering Support
· Project Management & Execution
· Project Prioritisation & Planning
· Drawing Database Facilitator
· Capital Expenditure, Planning & Control
· Asset Management
· Safety Case, Documentation & Control
Our successful candidate will have the following:
· A Mechanical, Process or Chemical engineering degree
· Proven problem-solving ability using logic, as well as creativity
· Ability to provide guidance and assistance to other team members (team player)
· Good computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word and other computer programs
· Aptitude for handling multiple technical support and project-related activities simultaneously
· Demonstrated strong presentation skills
· Ability to work in a detail-oriented environment
· Flexibility to adapt to quickly changing business objectives
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills on a cross-cultural basis
The role is offered initially for a 12 month contract commencing in January or February 2023. The chance to work for an industry leader and grow your career with them is rare, so if you think you have what it takes. please apply now through our HR Partner, HR Connect Limited..