Southern Discoveries is a premium tourism company dedicated to sharing some of New Zealand’s most iconic scenery and extraordinary experiences with the world. The company offers a range of cruises, as well as kayaking and an underwater observatory in Milford Sound, with coach and scenic flight transfers from Queenstown and Te Anau. In Queenstown, we operate trips to Mt Nicholas High Country farm including farm experiences and cycling, and also specialise in private charters, conference and incentive packages. The company operates a number of retail outlets in Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced International Sales Manager, handling our Indian, Japanese and Korean markets. This will be a challenging role in a rapidly growing and highly competitive environment where your negotiation style will be tested. You will be responsible for developing our sales strategies by building, managing and maintaining relationships, promoting our products, generating new business opportunities as well as strengthening existing business.
Along with energy, initiative and a 'can-do' attitude, you will have:
· Minimum five years’ experience within the inbound tourism travel sector
· A proven track record of growing sales and executing sales strategies
· Demonstrated strategic business planning, analysing and reporting skills
· Results oriented, self-motivated and proactive
· Strong negotiating skills
· Exceptional networking, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
· Flexibility to travel within New Zealand and internationally on a regular basis
· Problem solving skills with a focus on the customer experience
· Full Clean New Zealand Driver’s Licence
If you are keen for your next challenge, and to be part of a high performing sales and marketing team, then we would love to hear from you!