Our people are proud to belong to a 100% independent NZ owned Bank and proud to see the results of their efforts invested back into New Zealand. Our people can see the impact of their work benefitting New Zealanders as they work towards the bank’s purpose: Helping New Zealanders get ahead by making banking really easy. Every time. Everywhere. We have a great opportunity for an expert in infrastructure systems to support us along this journey.
As an Infrastructure Networking Specialist, you’ll provide support in networking, security and other infrastructure services that is resilient and secure across the TSB network.
You’ll be joining our Technology Services Infrastructure team in a key role, responsible in delivering high quality network infrastructure and security services with a focus on internal customer service, including stakeholder management and liaison.
Your expertise in security and network performance management will be vital in implementing monitoring and managing across networking and security services, engaging in capacity planning, software and hardware maintenance, environment and physical management of environments and vendor management as required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Operate and improve services in accordance with business needs, priorities and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Develop internal standards for communications and networking services in conjunction with the business and infrastructure team and create policies to be applied to infrastructure services to minimize the impact from service interruption.
- Respond to networking incidents and conduct audits as needed.
- Architect and implement solutions for network resiliency and redundancy, access control, and as necessary assist with application security assessments, vulnerability assessments and intrusion detection exercises.
- Provide resolution support (diagnosis, resolution and communication) for network and infrastructure faults and issues.
- Engage in advocacy activities regarding infrastructure services across TSB.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Post-secondary IT certifications from at least two of the following vendors / relevant vendor technologies: Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, AWS, Microsoft (Azure)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a directly relevant role is essential.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF) including the ability to troubleshoot from Layer 1 to 7 of the OSI model.
- Ability to understand and apply network design and configuration best practices in a high availability environment.
- Practical experience with implementing telecommunication services and vendor solutions, including vendor provisioning, contracts and billing.
- Practical experience with cloud based systems and services, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with managing security devices including firewalls, VPN devices and authentication services (RADIUS/TACACS+).
- A current security certification relevant to TSB Bank (ie CISSP, CISM or similar) will be considered highly. Other IT certifications that demonstrate skillset and learning are also welcomed.
- Certification or demonstrated learning in AWS and Azure technologies.
- Demonstrable experience or exposure to the banking or financial services industries, either within or outside of New Zealand.
- Ability to obtain a New Zealand Government issued security clearance.
Applications close: Friday 21st May