About Raukawa Charitable Trust:
The Raukawa Charitable Trust (RCT) has been a provider of quality community initiatives throughout the South Waikato since 1987. We are proud to deliver a wide range of iwi-lead initiatives in the health, social, treaty, cultural, and environmental sectors, to the communities that we serve.
This role is based in Tokoroa, which is conveniently located a short drive from beaches on both the East and West Coasts, and not far from the mountains and great rivers where you can make the most of your weekends.
Our current vacancy is for a full-time Infant, Child and Youth Mental Health Kaiārahi (Clinician) for a fixed term period of six months.
The key responsibilities of this position are to provide a clinical, community-based mental health treatment and therapy service across a range of settings for infants, children and youth, that is strength based, resilience orientated, and based within our Raukawa Kaupapa Practice Framework
Activities associated with this role include case management, clinical assessments, support and advocacy for whanau, liaison with external agencies, and provision of tikanga Maori within the service itself.
The successful candidate will possess:
· Excellent communication skills
· An ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people
· The ability to self-manage, and be able to demonstrate initiative, and integrity
· The ability to understand and apply the Māori models of health
· Registration with the Nursing Council of NZ as a comprehensive or mental health nurse with a current annual practising certificate; or
· Competency as a practitioner or a registered NZAC counsellor (degree level or above); or
· Registration with the NZ Social Worker’s Registration Board or a current ANZASW Certificate of Competency; or
· A health professional qualification under the legislative framework of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003.
· Excellent working conditions
· Christmas holidays each year due to a Christmas close-down
· Monday to Friday business hours, supporting your work-life balance
· A dynamic and supportive clinical team environment
· Use of a vehicle whilst on duty, plus mobile phone
If you are interested in working in a supportive team environment then we want to hear from you. Applicants must hold a valid and full Class 1 drivers licence and be prepared to undergo reference checks and Police vetting.
If you think you meet our requirements, please submit a cover letter, and a CV in chronological order by Friday 18 October 2019, to HR@raukawa.org.nz. For an application form and the position description go to www.raukawa.org.nz.
Raukawa Charitable Trust operates under a Smoke-free Environment policy. For more information about the Raukawa Charitable Trust visit www.raukawa.org.nz.