Cirtex is a dynamic leader in the Geosynthetic market in New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific and we are seeking an energetic person to work in our small yet fast developing sewing and fabrication department.
Based at our Kopu factory near Thames, this role predominately consists of manufacturing a wide variety of sewn products, both bespoke and standard from industrial textiles and PVC fabrics as well as production of other ancillary items. These items are used in a wide variety of applications in the construction, civil engineering and industrial de-watering industries.
Either on your own or as part of the team, you’d be responsible for setting up sewing, the completion of drilling, punching, cutting and assembling as required including sewing and gluing and then finally packing the product ready for dispatch.
Your Skills and Attributes
To be successful you will:
· Ideally have experience in industrial sewing or other related industry (such as auto trimming or upholstery)
· Be able to follow instructions and be a clear communicator
· Be physically fit as the role involves some heavy lifting
· Focus on the task at hand and have an eye for detail
· Use initiative and problem solve
· Have a uncompromising attitude towards health and safety
At Cirtex continual improvement and product development is key so you will constantly be looking at ways to improve both products and processes to ensure we remain the market leader in this industry.
This work environment is based firmly on strong values, and hard work and commitment are well rewarded.
If this sounds like a role you would thrive in, please apply below.
Please note, a pre-employment drug screening test and Ministry of Justice report may be required as part of the recruitment process. You must also be eligible to legally work in New Zealand.