Hōhepa is a therapeutic community based on the work of Dr Rudolf Steiner. We are currently seeking an exceptional person for a House Manager for our Children and Young Person's Service in the Poraiti area.
The House Manager is responsible for the management of staff, budgets and operations for a house of 5-8 young people with intellectual disabilities. The main role is to ensure quality care and support for the young people residing in the home. We draw on the teachings and example of Dr Rudolf Steiner, particularly the approach of ‘curative education’ when working with people with intellectual disabilities.
To be successful in this post you will:
· Have experience of working with people with an intellectual disability; or aptitude and ability for this work demonstrated through work experience in another sector
· Have a qualification in a relevant subject (eg health, psychology, teaching, social work) at Level 5 or above; 3 years’ + relevant experience could substitute for a formal qualification
· Be willing and able to work within Hōhepa’s values and practices (curative education and social therapy based on the work of Dr Rudolf Steiner)
· Have leadership and people management skills, and be a good communicator
· Be literate and numerate, able to write reports, and with good computer skills
· Be physically fit to meet the demands of the role; be drug free; and be able to pass our vetting requirements (as required by the Vulnerable Children Act)
This is not a 9-5 job: the Hohepa community provides 24-hour care, 7 days per week, and the House Manager role includes shift work and unsocial hours. Hohepa can be a very rewarding place to work, as you journey alongside people with special needs, and support them to achieve their goals.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity – apply now!